Bonnie here 🌺
Coconut oil is seriously irreplaceable!
I’ve recently have come to terms with my curly hair after a never-ending war with weekly salon visits /$50 blow dries. (imagine) Ive been ironing my hair since I was a teen & Ive grown so accustomed on how I looked with my hair straightened that I could not last a day without my hair straightened (basically, I visited the salon religiously) Because of the noticeable and unappealing changes my hair has succumb to
I have decided to go eu naturale and give my hair the TLC that it needs with coconut oil!
- Natural Moisturizer:
Coconut oil is a completely natural product free of chemicals and thus will not damage your hair but instead penetrate through the roots, follicles and moisturizes, conditioning your hair leaving it smooth and soft. It also gives your hair a healthy shine and protects it from heat and environmental damage.
- Source of Nutrients:
Coconut oil is a rich source of nutrients and contains Iron, Vitamin E and K along with fatty acids. It is also loaded with anti-oxidants and each of these elements help in the strengthening of your hair and give the nourishment it requires.
- Helps with hair loss and breakage:
Coconut oil has fatty acids which help in binding your hair together and provide the required proteins making your hair strong thus preventing breakage and also reducing hair loss. Yay!
- Helps with Dandruff:
It has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which help keep dandruff and lice at bay
Here are some DIY hair masks you can try @ home!
- Simple Coconut Deep Conditioning mask:
Looking to try something simple and easy to begin with then you can go with this:
- Heat Coconut oil until a little warm and gently massage it on your scalp, ends. The gentle massage will help with circulation thus providing more oxygen to that region and enable growth.
- Now you can leave this overnight so that it completely soaks in.
- Rinse it off with shampoo the next day and you can again lightly apply to the ends to extra moisturize your hair.
- Coconut and Honey Mask:
This is one of the most common and popular masks used to repair and moisturize hair
- Take 1tbsp of honey and 4tbsp of coconut oil, heat this until it melts and allow the mixture to cool.
- Now apply this to your hair, scalp and split ends and massage gently; Leave this for 15-20 min.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo until the mixture is out of your hair!
- Coconut and Aloe Vera Mask:
If you’re looking to increase the growth of your hair, then this is a good way to go about!
- Mix 1tbsp of aloe vera and 1tbsp of coconut oil to form a gel texture.
- Apply this to your hair, scalp and ends; leave for a 1-2 hours.
- Rinse off the mixture with warm water
- Coconut and Banana/Strawberry:
To get that extra shine (Banana) or to control scalp oil (Strawberry- rich in Vitamin C).
- Mix 1 banana or a few strawberries with coconut oil and olive oil, blend well.
- Apply this mixture to your hair, scalp and leave it for 15-20 min
- Rinse off the mixture with warm water!
💖 What other DIY Coconut hair masks would you recommend? Let me know on the comments below or via Facebook!